From: Ian Douglas <ian@vionia.com>
Subject: GLIBC_2.14  memcpy
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 06:28:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2014-04-22T06:28:04-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi all

So I write my first hello world program, and it runs fine. Upload to the server, but it does not run there.

./Hello1: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./Hello1)

Dev box is Gentoo linux, server is CentOS 6.2

Google shows many C programmers complaining about similar issue.

Some analysis shows the problem to be memcpy wanting GLIBC_2.14 while everything else is happy with GLIBC_2.25.

I  can't find anything relevant in this newsgroup (surprising!), or on AdaCore's site (program was built with GPS), so I was wondering if anyone has a workaround ... the C people add a line to force the compiler to use a more recent version of memcpy, as per

__asm__(".symver memcpy,memcpy@GLIBC_2.2.5");

While I am horrified at the necessity of doing something like that (especially for a simple Hello World), how would I do this in Ada / Gnat?

(A way to do it globally for C is here:
http://rjpower9000.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/fun-with-shared-libraries-version-glibc_2-14-not-found/)

Thanks, Ian