* Amazon SQS (simple Queue system) binding ?
@ 2015-01-19 17:02 Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2015-01-19 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!
I'm looking at interfacing to a set of Java programs
via Amazon's Message Queues <http://aws.amazon.com/sqs/>

I wonder if anyone has written bindings for Ada for it,
before I roll my own.

The choice of SQS was not mine, but a friend's who
wants to explore the scalability of the thing.

It looks fairly simple/straigh forward, but
I thought I'd ask anyway.

--
Björn

* Re: Amazon SQS (simple Queue system) binding ?
@ 2015-01-19 22:06 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-01-19 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It looks fairly simple/straigh forward, but
> I thought I'd ask anyway.

If it is a Gnoga app, you can easily interface with the Java Script API.

David Botton

* Re: Amazon SQS (simple Queue system) binding ?
@ 2015-01-20  8:17   ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2015-01-20  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-01-19 23:06, David Botton wrote:
>> It looks fairly simple/straigh forward, but
>> I thought I'd ask anyway.
>
> If it is a Gnoga app, you can easily interface with the Java Script API.

My initial though was to use AWS.Client as base and do the mapping
myself, but it is not written yet, so making it a Gnoga app is
certainly an option. In the end it will run as a daemon on Debian.

Even though I know that you interface with JQuery and such
I have not poked around enough in Gnoga's source to see
how I would interface with a JavaScript lib.

But I'll look more closely tonight.
However a filename/procedure to start looking at would be a nice pointer.

--

@ 2015-01-20 12:04     ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2015-01-20 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-01-20 09:17, Björn Lundin wrote:
> On 2015-01-19 23:06, David Botton wrote:
>>> It looks fairly simple/straigh forward, but
>>> I thought I'd ask anyway.
>>
>> If it is a Gnoga app, you can easily interface with the Java Script API.

Poking around in the source I notice in package body
Gnoga.Gui.Plugin.jQueryUI
that

   procedure Load_jQueryUI

does NOT change Delay_Count.

-----------------

   procedure Load_jQueryUI
     (Window : in out Gnoga.Gui.Window.Window_Type'Class)
   is
      Delay_Count : Natural := 0;
   begin
      Window.Document.Head_Element.jQuery_Execute
        ("append ('<link rel=""stylesheet"" " &
           "href=""//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/" &
           "jqueryui/1.11.2/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css"" />')");
      Window.Document.Head_Element.jQuery_Execute
        ("append ('<script src=""//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/" &
           "jqueryui/1.11.2/jquery-ui.min.js""></script>')");

      while
        Gnoga.Server.Connection.Execute_Script
          (Window.Connection_ID, "$.ui") = "undefined"
        or Delay_Count > 10
      loop
         delay 0.25;
      end loop;

      if Delay_Count > 10 then
         raise Failed_To_Load_jQueryUI;
      end if;
   end Load_jQueryUI;

@ 2015-01-20 19:34       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-01-20 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> does NOT change Delay_Count.

Fixed. Thanks

Looking at Gnoga.Gui.Plugin.Ace_Edit should give an idea of how to build a binding. General access to java script is in Gnoga.Server.Connection. Also keep in mind that you can also easily modify the native gtk startup to never display the webkit window a do a completely headless console Gnoga app.

David Botton