From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: C++0x : no 'concepts'
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 07:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-09-09T07:49:37-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sep 9, 4:44 am, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Crickey! How glad am Ada has strong typing and a generic contract
> model!!
>
> http://www.ddj.com/cpp/218600111
>
> And that was going to make life 'simpler'!?!?!?

On a totally different line of thinking, isn't it a bit confusing to
call this C++0x?  I can't get past thinking that this is an incomplete
name, and they really meant to say C++0x7D9 or something like
that...  :)

(Not to mention that if they're still working on it with less than
four months to go in this year, the 0x is likely to become an
embarrassment anyway.  At least with Ada 0Y, even though the final
draft was a year or two later than originally planned, the year still
had a 0 in the third position.)

                               -- Adam