From: Adam Beneschan <adambeneschan@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Strange instantiation error with formal packages
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:45:37 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-11-19T07:45:37-08:00	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:08:09 AM UTC-8, AdaMagica wrote:
> Hm, the code looks OK. Unfortunatly I have no other compiler to try (are there currently any others for Ada 2012?)
>

> I suggest writing a problem report.

It doesn't need to be an Ada 2012 compiler; this code has only Ada 95 features.  I just tried it on a different compiler and it compiles fine; furthermore, I don't see any errors in the code.  I don't believe that there were any changes to Ada 2012 that would turn this kind of legal code into illegal code.  (They try hard to maintain backward compatibility.)  And in any case, GNAT gets the same error in gnat2005 mode.  So this definitely appears to be a compiler bug.

                                    -- Adam