From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so when gps is launched.
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 08:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-09-09T08:31:10-07:00	[thread overview]

Thiago Holanda wrote:
> I am using the Ubuntu 11.04 and I downloaded and installed the gnat-
> gpl-2011-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-bin.tar.gz.
>
> When i launch the gps, i have this error:
>
> thiago@thiago-micro:~$ gps
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-
> gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> The gps works even this error, but i would like to resolve it.
>
> So does anyone have an idea to fix it? it sounds environment variable.

I don't know how to fix this specific error but, if all you want is to
run GPS and gnat (as opposed to building and configuring everyrhing by
hand), maybe you should try:

aptitude install gnat-gps

You'll get a somewhat older version of GPS (viz. 4.3) but no
configuration problems.

--
Ludovic Brenta.