* Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-04-21 20:14 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-04-21 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my uncle
let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe it's Ada
95.

Maybe it's completely daft?  But PDP10 are even more ancient, correct?

Chris

* Re: Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-04-22 19:30 ` Darel Cullen
From: Darel Cullen @ 2001-04-22 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

chris.danx wrote:

> Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my uncle
> let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe it's Ada
> 95.
> Maybe it's completely daft?  But PDP10 are even more ancient, correct?
> Chris

I think your easiest path to this might be to attempt to install
GNU/Linux (which supports motorola 680x0 processors). Then install GNAT.

Regards,

Darel

* Re: Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-04-23 14:05 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-04-23 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <vSlE6.2551$Cu.403007@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, chris.danx
says...

>Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my
>uncle let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe
>it's Ada95.

No, you were thinking of floating-point support (or perhaps the MMU). :-)

---

* Re: Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-05-02 12:46 ` Charlie McCutcheon
From: Charlie McCutcheon @ 2001-05-02 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" wrote:

> Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my uncle
> let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe it's Ada
> 95.
>
> Maybe it's completely daft?  But PDP10 are even more ancient, correct?
>
> Chris

The PDP-10 was a 36 bit Digital Equipment machine, completely unrelated to Atari.

Charlie

* Re: Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-05-02 20:01   ` Corey Ashford
From: Corey Ashford @ 2001-05-02 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Charlie McCutcheon" <charlie.mccutcheon@NOSPAMcompaq.com> wrote in message news:3AF001A5.5DBD9F19@NOSPAMcompaq.com...
> "chris.danx" wrote:
>
> > Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my uncle
> > let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe it's Ada
> > 95.
> >
> > Maybe it's completely daft?  But PDP10 are even more ancient, correct?
> >
> > Chris
>
> The PDP-10 was a 36 bit Digital Equipment machine, completely unrelated to Atari.
>
> Charlie

I think his point was that it's a really old machine.  Is there an Ada95 compiler
for the PDP-10?

- Corey

* Re: Perhaps a daft Ada Port question?
@ 2001-05-02 20:52     ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-05-02 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

This comes circuitously from another thread in this newsgroup. The PDP-10
was mentioned and discussed at some length. A claim was made that an Ada
compiler was being worked on for the PDP-10. Probably true enough as far as
it goes - just not of much interest since a) there aren't a lot of those
machines still in use and b) the compiler is most likely not going to end up
widely distributed - if it ever gets completed.

Check the rest of the postings - maybe you can catch up on it and the
reference to the compiler effort.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

@ 2001-05-02 20:57       ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-05-02 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Look for the "Streams in Ada" thread...

--

"Marin David Condic" <marin.condic.auntie.spam@pacemicro.com> wrote in
message news:9cps2p$pae$1@nh.pace.co.uk...

@ 2001-05-02 21:37   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-05-02 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Charlie McCutcheon" <charlie.mccutcheon@NOSPAMcompaq.com> wrote in message
> "chris.danx" wrote:
>
> > Does there exist an Ada port to the Atari ST?  I'm just curious because my
uncle
> > let me have his and i've been thinking it's missing something.  Maybe it's
Ada
> > 95.
> >
> > Maybe it's completely daft?  But PDP10 are even more ancient, correct?
> >
> > Chris
>
> The PDP-10 was a 36 bit Digital Equipment machine, completely unrelated to
Atari.

I knew this.  I was refering to another thread that mentioned it.  Some folks
wanted Ada for PDP-10 and it's pretty ancient, so i thought if you can have it
for PDP-10 then you can have it for Atari ST.  I had to ditch plans to play
games(bubble bobble and another world) all day on the ST to study maths for uni
(for now) but i'm still curious about an ST port.

Chris

@ 2001-05-03  9:19       ` Peter Hend�n
From: Peter Hend�n @ 2001-05-03  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)