* overriding procedures
@ 2015-09-16 10:51 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2015-09-16 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm want to override two procedures after inheriting a type.

Why do I have to declare the procedural specification of both, rather than just the overriding bodies?

Its compiles fine when there is just one overriding procedure (with a combined declaration and body), when I try to do two that way it does not compile.

* Re: overriding procedures
@ 2015-09-16 20:00 ` Niklas Holsti
From: Niklas Holsti @ 2015-09-16 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15-09-16 13:51 , tonyg wrote:

> I'm want to override two procedures after inheriting a type.
>

> Why do I have to declare the procedural specification of both, rather
> than just the overriding bodies?

Because the occurrence of the first body "freezes" the type, after which
you cannot add (declare) more overriding operations for the type.

See RM 13.14, specifically paragraph 3/3, if I understand the RM correctly.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd