From: mail@adrianwrigley.com
Subject: Re: Looking for jvm-gnatmake for Linux x86_64
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:58:51 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-11-03T12:58:51-07:00	[thread overview]

On Friday, November 2, 2012 1:50:02 PM UTC, co...@adacore.com wrote:
> > Where can I obtain the Linux compilers for targeting JVM?
>
> on the libre site. You just need to select the jvm-windows platform instead of the x86-windows one.

I tried this suggestion.  I got a file gnat-gpl-2012-jvm-windows-bin.exe which runs under Microsoft Windows OS (tm).

I'm hoping to use (Debian) Linux to compile Ada code to run under the JVM, without using Windows(tm).  Is this possible?  Did I miss something crucial?

I know that I can install Windows(tm) under VirtualBox. and mess around with complicated scripts to compile my code under with the above tools.  I don't think this would be acceptable for my application though.
If it isn't possible now, might it appear in a future release?

Thanks.
--
Adrian