* AWS support for secure websockets
@ 2018-09-25 15:06 eschposito
From: eschposito @ 2018-09-25 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,
I'm a total beginner at Ada programming (0 lines of code written),
but I'm considering migrating to Ada an embedded project with a
webserver running on Raspberry Pi. At present the webserver is written in
Go, serves a page over https  which in turn uses AJAX for requesting data updates to the server.
I want to
switch to secure websockets instead of AJAX over https, and also I would like
to switch from Go to Ada. I've looked around AWS documentation, but I wasn't
able to find out if AWS supports websockets secure. Can you help me? Thanks!

* Re: AWS support for secure websockets
@ 2018-09-25 16:50 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-09-25 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-09-25 17:06, eschposito@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm a total beginner at Ada programming (0 lines of code written),
> but I'm considering migrating to Ada an embedded project with a
> webserver running on Raspberry Pi. At present the webserver is written in
> Go, serves a page over https  which in turn uses AJAX for requesting data updates to the server.
> I want to
> switch to secure websockets instead of AJAX over https, and also I would like
> to switch from Go to Ada. I've looked around AWS documentation, but I wasn't
> able to find out if AWS supports websockets secure.

I cannot tell for AWS, but since websockets work on top of a HTTP
connection then if a server can both secure HTTP and websockets then it
must also can secure websockets.

BTW, you might find interesting this:

    http://gnoga.com

Gnoga supports secure websockets.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: AWS support for secure websockets
@ 2018-09-25 17:03 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2018-09-25 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> I want to
> switch to secure websockets instead of AJAX over https, and also I would like
> to switch from Go to Ada. I've looked around AWS documentation, but I wasn't
> able to find out if AWS supports websockets secure. Can you help me? Thanks!

Yes, AWS supports secure WebSockets.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

* Re: AWS support for secure websockets
@ 2018-09-26 15:10 ` eschposito
From: eschposito @ 2018-09-26 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

That's great, thanks a lot for your answers, now I look forward to diving into programming my application in Ada!