From: Adam Beneschan <adam@irvine.com>
Subject: Re: Low_Level_IO, what is it?
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:08:14 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-06-06T17:08:14-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:29:29 PM UTC-7, Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) wrote:

> A further link gives its incomplete definition:
>
>     package LOW_LEVEL_IO is
>        --  declarations of the possible types for DEVICE and DATA;
>        --  declarations of overloaded procedures for these types:
>        procedure SEND_CONTROL    (DEVICE : device_type; DATA : in out
> data_type);
>        procedure RECEIVE_CONTROL (DEVICE : device_type; DATA : in out
> data_type);
>     end;
>
> Also, the casing is funny.

As Randy explained, using upper-case letters for identifiers and lower-case for keywords was standard back in Ada 83.  A further point: The names "device_type" and "data_type" are supposed to be in italics.  The linked that you followed didn't show them that way, but they're italicized in the printed Ada 83 standard.  These are not the exact names that are supposed to be used---the implementor is supposed to provide their own names for these types.  Maybe that's another reason why you thought the casing was funny.

                             -- Adam