From: Simon Smith <Simon@skcs.co.uk>
Subject: What is the point of Private?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:22:23 +0100
Date: 2005-04-29T00:22:23+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am a student at Glasgow uni in the UK and have been writing ada
programs for my first two years of my course.

I have used and still do use private, eg

type Hash_Array is private;

blah...blah...

private

type Hash_Array is array (Integer range 0 .. 25) of Sc.Set;

end hash.ads;

  however I dont really understand the point of it.

Why is it there? I am sure I have heard talk that its to stop the client
from seeing exactly how the data is stored/manipulated however if people
really did want to know this wouldn't they just scroll down the ada spec
file and find out for themselves or am I missing something here?

Simon