* Re: Directory walk
       [not found] <mailman.49.1113915896.24457.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org>
@ 2005-04-19 13:14 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-04-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oleksiy Puzyr wrote:
> I�m new to Ada...

Welcome! (it's more fun than some other languages...)

> ...and I have a question: how can I get the list of files in
> the given directory?

Use the (soon to be standard) package "Ada.Directories" - what
compiler are you using?

Cheers

-- Martin

* RE: Directory walk
@ 2005-04-19 13:33   ` Oleksiy Puzyr
From: Oleksiy Puzyr @ 2005-04-19 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Martin, sorry I've sent previous letter in your mailbox directly.

Forgot to say...

I've tried to do with Ada.Directories but it is not predefined unit in GNAT.
Output is: "Ada.Directories" it is not predefined library unit.

Where can I get this stuff?
Maybe I should use another Ada distribution?

Thank again!

@ 2005-04-22 18:34     ` Manuel G. R.
From: Manuel G. R. @ 2005-04-22 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oleksiy Puzyr wrote:

> I've tried to do with Ada.Directories but it is not predefined unit in GNAT.
> Output is: "Ada.Directories" it is not predefined library unit.
>
> Where can I get this stuff?
> Maybe I should use another Ada distribution?

If you use GNAT then you have GNAT.Directory_Operations.Iteration, for
Ada.Directories you would need the latest GNAT version since it is an
Ada 2005 predefined unit and this standard is work in progress.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada:2005

--
Ada programming tutorial: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada
Tutorial de programaci�n en Ada:

* Re: Directory walk
@ 2005-04-23  7:39       ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-04-23  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Manuel G. R. wrote:
> If you use GNAT then you have GNAT.Directory_Operations.Iteration, for
> Ada.Directories you would need the latest GNAT version since it is an
> Ada 2005 predefined unit and this standard is work in progress.
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada:2005

If (like me) the OP is stuck using GNAT 3.15p then there is a version
available @ http://www.martin.dowie.btinternet.co.uk/

Cheers

-- Martin