From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: gnat 2011 - avr-elf-windows
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 05:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-25T05:30:45-07:00	[thread overview]

> Regarding the above package, can someone recommend a board I could
> use? In particular can i use an Arduino Duemilanove?

Srini, depends on what you intend to do. But yes, Duemilanove works very well with avr-elf-windows. However you don't have RTS on it, it comes just with Zero Footprint Profile, so you won't be able to use tasks or exceptions unless you write your own RTS. But if you come from Atmel's tools, AVR Studio 5 also does not provide it, so at first hand would be ok.

Actually for AVR32 there is a library which does it, but not for AVR8 (which is the case of Atmega328p in Duemilanove). I think it would be very useful to task on AVR8. Check this post https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.lang.ada/nz8bQNJTOrg/p1lFJtid-DgJ

Regards.