From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Distributed System Annex and cross-domain applications
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-04-19T13:43:33-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 19, 8:40 pm, Florian Weimer <f...@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> To what extent is GNAT's implementation of the Distributed System
> Annex suitable for cross-domain applications?

What are "cross-domain applications"?

> As one data point, I wouldn't trust Java RMI to match my security
> requirements because it tends to involve mobile code.  (It is also
> difficult to pass through firewalls, I think.)

I still don't know what are "cross-domain applications" :-), but if
you even tried to consider Java RMI, then the following project might
be of interest to you:

http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/

Let me guess: by "cross-domain applications" you mean systems that
have to process data of various origins and the processing has to
respect the distinction between different data items. You are worried
that DSA or RMI might mix stuff on the way. YAMI4 might be a solution
in that it explicitly supports distinct message processing channels.
The isolation of communication paths can be managed not only at the
level of network connections, but even in terms of separate memory
partitions.
Is this what you expect?

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.msobczak.com * http://www.inspirel.com