* How can I use svn with GNAT projects?
@ 2009-12-19  3:03 Leslie
From: Leslie @ 2009-12-19  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    From my attempts to figure this out with search engines, I see
that there is lots of Ada stuff stored in svn repositories, so many
that the noise swamps my attempts to find out HOW it's done.

   Can someone enlighten me, please?

Leslie

* Re: How can I use svn with GNAT projects?
@ 2009-12-19  3:26 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2009-12-19  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<a75687ef-3126-4a42-93db-ac08e1e310a5@m25g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
 Leslie <jlturriff@gmail.com> wrote:

>     From my attempts to figure this out with search engines, I see
> that there is lots of Ada stuff stored in svn repositories, so many
> that the noise swamps my attempts to find out HOW it's done.
>
>    Can someone enlighten me, please?

Get subversion for your platform:

<http://subversion.tigris.org/>

Checkout some Ada using the checkout command:

<http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=124904>
<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.ref.svn.c.checkout.html>

Browsing the repository on-line shows that you want the trunk:

<http://wikibook-ada.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wikibook-ada/>

So you would add "trunk" to the path in the example command.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: How can I use svn with GNAT projects?
@ 2009-12-19  4:17   ` Leslie
From: Leslie @ 2009-12-19  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

John,

        Thank you for the excellent example.

Leslie

@ 2009-12-19  8:55 ` okellogg
From: okellogg @ 2009-12-19  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

As a sidenote, one command that I find useful when dealing with Ada
code is the diff with ignore-case (and also ignore-whitespace) :

  svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -uiw

Just my EUR 0.02 -

 Oliver

* Re: How can I use svn with GNAT projects?
@ 2009-12-19 10:33   ` Gautier write-only
From: Gautier write-only @ 2009-12-19 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver:
> As a sidenote, one command that I find useful when dealing with Ada
> code is the diff with ignore-case (and also ignore-whitespace) :
>   svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -uiw

Cool!
By the way, anybody knows how to obtain the case-insensitivity on
SourceForge's web-displayed diffs ?
E.g., there are no real difference there:
http://unzip-ada.svn.sf.net/viewvc/unzip-ada/zip_lib/bzip2.adb?r1=36&r2=35&pathrev=36
TIA
Gautier's Ada programming -- http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/