From: rm@gunlab.com.ru (Roman V. Isaev)
Subject: ada loops
Date: 30 May 2003 08:44:49 -0700
Date: 2003-05-30T15:44:50+00:00	[thread overview]

I've got bitten by this (code was translated from pascal by p2ada, so
please don't bash using goto):

      for Ijk in 1 .. 40 loop
         Sss:=Fnmis-Si(Ijk);
         if  Sss<0.0 then
            goto Label_1;
         end if;
      end loop; --  IJK
      <<Label_1>>    null;

Before the loop Ijk is 0, after the loop Ijk is still 0. Huh? Why? I
replaced Ijk with temp variable and put Ijk := temp before goto and
it solved the problem, but why we can't have final value when we break
out of the loop? What's the logic behind this language behaviour?

Also when I try to debug this in GVD I can see Ijk variable, but not Sss
(it's a global variable described in outer procedure). I see following
message in the bottom window:

(gdb) print Sss
Cannot access memory at address 0x24803ec

How to look up these variables?