From: marciant@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: GNAT "alignment value must be positive"
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 08:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-04-07T08:27:55-07:00	[thread overview]

Additional information:
(1) The alignment clause is for a record type,
(2) Ada95 mode is being used,

Additional analysis:
GNAT's sem_ch13.adb code unconditionally rejects zero for the alignment and thus seems to unconditionally not support items not necessarily aligned to byte boundaries.  If that is the case then it would help if such a decision was documented in GNAT's implementation specific documentation: section 14 of the GNAT reference manual. (Maybe it is elsewhere I missed it. Did I?)