* ftp client package
@ 2003-11-20 16:21 Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-11-20 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has someone writen an ada ftp client package?

Volkert

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-20 18:39 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-11-20 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Has someone writen an ada ftp client package?
  Do you mean something with declarations like:

  type Connection_Type is new Ada.Finalization.Limited_Controlled with private;

  procedure Connect(Connection: in out Connection_Type;
                    Site, User, Password: in String;
                    Timeout  : in Duration := 60.0;
                    Ftp_Port : in Claw.Sockets.Port_Type
                      := Claw.Sockets.Ftp_Port;      -- common case
                    Use_Pasv : in Boolean := True);  -- common case

  generic
    with procedure Process_Incoming_Data(
        Line : in out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Array;
        Last : in out Ada.Streams.Stream_Element_Offset;
        Quit : in out Boolean) is Null_Process_Incoming_Data;
  procedure General_Get(Connection: in out Connection_Type;
                        Source_File_Name: in String;
                        Target_File_Name: in String; -- "" => no target file
                        Timeout : in     Duration := 2.0);
  -- Use this generic to download a file.  It can save the result
  -- as a new disk file, or pass it as it arrives to the generic
  -- parameter procedure Process_Incoming_Data.  That procedure will

  procedure Change_Working_Directory(Connection: in out Connection_Type;
                                     Target_Directory_Name: in String);

and so forth?

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-21  6:57   ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-11-21  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org wrote in message news:<1U7vb.258017$Tr4.804652@attbi_s03>...
> >Has someone writen an ada ftp client package?
>   Do you mean something with declarations like:
Yes something like this... and of course with ftp error code
propagation features (e.g. errors mapped on ada exception ..) ;-)

Volkert

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-21  8:18     ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-11-21  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Yes something like this... and of course with ftp error code
>propagation features (e.g. errors mapped on ada exception ..) ;-)

  -- Error handling:
  -- Some errors will raise exceptions, for instance, Claw.Not_Found_Error
  -- if a socket can't be opened, or Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Name_Error
  -- on an attempt to Put a non-existent file.  After a Claw.Windows_Error,
  -- call Get_Error_Code to get the ftp socket's error.  (Note that
  -- Claw.Sockets.Image(Error_Code) can return a String description.)
  -- Errors due to unexpected ftp responses will raise Response_Error.
  -- The most recent operation, and its response (the last one if it's
  -- a multi-step operation) are available via Get_Last_Response.

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-21 20:13       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-11-21 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

<tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message news:2Tjvb.201604$275.749760@attbi_s53...
> >Yes something like this... and of course with ftp error code
> >propagation features (e.g. errors mapped on ada exception ..) ;-)
>
>   -- Error handling:
>   -- Some errors will raise exceptions, for instance, Claw.Not_Found_Error

You could stop teasting him and tell him where its found. :-)

         Randy.

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-24  6:52         ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-11-24  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message news:<vrssihs7qv09c@corp.supernews.com>...
> <tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message news:2Tjvb.201604$275.749760@attbi_s53...
> > >Yes something like this... and of course with ftp error code
> > >propagation features (e.g. errors mapped on ada exception ..) ;-)
> >
> >   -- Error handling:
> >   -- Some errors will raise exceptions, for instance, Claw.Not_Found_Error
>
> You could stop teasting him and tell him where its found. :-)
>
>          Randy.

Looks like this package has strong Claw (Windows) dependencies.
It should be mostly platform independent and work at least on
linux/unix (GNAT).

Volkert

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-24  7:09           ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-11-24  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Looks like this package has strong Claw (Windows) dependencies.
   As written, yes.  But I sent to www.adapower.com last spring a Claw
independent version of Claw.Sockets (NC.Sockets).  It would be trivial
to change references in the ftp package from Claw to NC.

> It should be mostly platform independent and work at least on
> linux/unix (GNAT).
   I haven't tried it with Linux.  NC.Sockets does not use any of
the Winsock extensions or window messages.  The only obvious Windows
dependency is WSAStartup and WSACleanup, which I presume have some
straightforward counterpart in Linux.

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-24  8:05             ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2003-11-24  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org wrote:

>>Looks like this package has strong Claw (Windows) dependencies.
>
>    As written, yes.  But I sent to www.adapower.com last spring a Claw
> independent version of Claw.Sockets (NC.Sockets).  It would be trivial
> to change references in the ftp package from Claw to NC.
>

>>It should be mostly platform independent and work at least on
>>linux/unix (GNAT).
>
>    I haven't tried it with Linux.  NC.Sockets does not use any of
> the Winsock extensions or window messages.  The only obvious Windows
> dependency is WSAStartup and WSACleanup, which I presume have some
> straightforward counterpart in Linux.

I have a ftp package written in Ada. It is far from complete and I'm
working on a redesign. If you can wait.... :)

--
Adrian Hoe
m a i l b o x AT a d r i a n h o e . c o m

* Re: ftp client package
@ 2003-11-24 16:24               ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-11-24 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Hoe <AdrianHoe@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<3fc1bad3$1_1@news.tm.net.my>...
> tmoran@acm.org wrote:
>
> >>Looks like this package has strong Claw (Windows) dependencies.
> >
> >    As written, yes.  But I sent to www.adapower.com last spring a Claw
> > independent version of Claw.Sockets (NC.Sockets).  It would be trivial
> > to change references in the ftp package from Claw to NC.
> >

> >>It should be mostly platform independent and work at least on
> >>linux/unix (GNAT).
> >
> >    I haven't tried it with Linux.  NC.Sockets does not use any of
> > the Winsock extensions or window messages.  The only obvious Windows
> > dependency is WSAStartup and WSACleanup, which I presume have some
> > straightforward counterpart in Linux.
>

> I have a ftp package written in Ada. It is far from complete and I'm
> working on a redesign. If you can wait.... :)

Yes i can ... ;-) You can send me an early version for testing ...

Volkert