* Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-03-27 19:56 Tony
From: Tony @ 2003-03-27 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl? I mean
why we rewrite some vhdl program in Ada?

thanks in advance!

* Re: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-03-27 20:20 ` Vinzent Hoefler
From: Vinzent Hoefler @ 2003-03-27 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

scr106@york.ac.uk (Tony) wrote:

>I mean why we rewrite some vhdl program in Ada?

Why would you want to do that? VHDL is for chips, Ada is for Software
running on chips. So the target device is slightly different.

BTW, I have always seen VHDL as Ada for hardware. ;-)

Vinzent.

--
Parents strongly cautioned  --  this  posting  is  intended for mature
audiences  over  18.  It  may  contain some material that many parents

* Re: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-03-28 13:18   ` Tony
From: Tony @ 2003-03-28 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vinzent Hoefler <ada.rocks@jlfencey.com> wrote in message news:<b5vmj0$bk66$1@ID-175126.news.dfncis.de>...
> scr106@york.ac.uk (Tony) wrote:
>
> >I mean why we rewrite some vhdl program in Ada?
>
> Why would you want to do that? VHDL is for chips, Ada is for Software
> running on chips. So the target device is slightly different.
>
> BTW, I have always seen VHDL as Ada for hardware. ;-)
>

> Vinzent.

sorry! I mean the codesign work between Ada and VHDL, you can find a
lot of relevant work also in c/verlog.

I am very interested in the ada/vhdl, but don't know how? just as you
said, one is for hardware design and the other is for sofeware design.
How they can codesign a system or others? this puzzled me a lot!

does anyone konw the relevant work about the codesign between
ada/vhdl?

thanks

* Re: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-04-01 14:16     `
From:  @ 2003-04-01 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tony wrote:
> Vinzent Hoefler <ada.rocks@jlfencey.com> wrote in message news:<b5vmj0$bk66$1@ID-175126.news.dfncis.de>...
>
>>scr106@york.ac.uk (Tony) wrote:
>>

>>>I mean why we rewrite some vhdl program in Ada?
>>
>>Why would you want to do that? VHDL is for chips, Ada is for Software
>>running on chips. So the target device is slightly different.
>>
>>BTW, I have always seen VHDL as Ada for hardware. ;-)
>>

>>Vinzent.
>

> sorry! I mean the codesign work between Ada and VHDL, you can find a
> lot of relevant work also in c/verlog.
>
> I am very interested in the ada/vhdl, but don't know how? just as you
> said, one is for hardware design and the other is for sofeware design.
> How they can codesign a system or others? this puzzled me a lot!
>
> does anyone konw the relevant work about the codesign between
> ada/vhdl?
>
> thanks

   http://alpha.fdu.edu/~levine/wong/

Rodrigo

* Re: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-04-01 21:07       ` Tony
From: Tony @ 2003-04-01 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much. it's help me a lot. btw, do you know more website
or bbs where I can got more things about ada and vhdl?

many thanks

* RE: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-04-02 10:00         ` Marc van Woudenberg
From: Marc van Woudenberg @ 2003-04-02 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway

@ 2003-04-02 13:39         `
From:  @ 2003-04-02 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tony wrote:
> Thank you very much. it's help me a lot. btw, do you know more website
> or bbs where I can got more things about ada and vhdl?
>
> many thanks

   Sorry, but I am not an expert. I only knew that there was a working
group at SIGAda (http://www.acm.org/sigada/) interested in HDL and I
gave you the address.

   I recommend you to get in contact with those people.

Rodrigo

* Re: Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl!
@ 2003-04-02 15:21 ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-04-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

scr106@york.ac.uk (Tony) wrote in message news:<bafe238e.0303271156.5d82cf62@posting.google.com>...
> Does anyone konw the benefit of codesign using ada and vhdl? I mean
> why we rewrite some vhdl program in Ada?
>
> thanks in advance!

May be "OOCOSIM" is interesting for you. It is a hw/sw codesign
research project focusing Co-Simulationen. It uses Ada/OO-VHDL
and as a Top-Level Design Method HRT-Hood/RT-UML.
Have a look at http://eis.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/en/research/projects/oocosim/index.php

Volkert