* Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
@ 2003-03-14  6:54 Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-03-14  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

	Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a

We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
release for the following platforms:

   alpha-openvms
   pa-hpux
   sparc-solaris
   x86-linux
   x86-windows
   xscale-vxw-windows

[ deleted ftp site]

5.00a is the first GNAT Pro release based on the new generation of GCC
backend (GCC 3.2.3). In all other respects, 5.00a is equivalent to the
recently announced 3.16a release (based on GCC 2.8.1).

The GCC 3 backend implements several new optimizations improving execution
performance. It offers a new Zero-Cost Exception mechanism (currently
available on alpha-openvms, pa-hpux, sparc-solaris) that should boost
the performance of applications using exception handlers extensively.

This release is the first step in the GNAT Pro migration to the GCC 3
technology. Other major ports will transition to GCC 3 in the forthcoming
GNAT 5.xx releases. New developments & ports will be performed on this new
branch of our technology. The GNAT Pro 3.xx technology will continue to
evolve in parallel during the transition period.

We encourage users of the currently available GNAT Pro 5.00 platforms to
try it and plan a transition at their convenience.

Please send your questions or comments to report@gnat.com

* Re: Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
@ 2003-03-14  6:58 ` Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2003-03-14  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Volkert wrote:

> Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a
>
>         Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a
>
> We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
  ^^
Volkert,

are you announcing this (as a member of ACT) or are you just copying
what you received from ACT on a different path?

In the latter case, this form is not correct. You are not allowed to
redistribute letters you received without confirmation of the sender.

Of course you can spread the information about GNAT Pro 5.00a, but in a
form that makes clear that _you_ do _not_ announce it.

* Re: Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
@ 2003-03-14 10:01   ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-03-14 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Grein <"christoph <dot> grein"@eurocopter.de> wrote in message news:<3E717D89.F9669D62@eurocopter.de>...
> Volkert wrote:
> >
> > Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a
> >
> >         Announcing Availability of GNAT Pro 5.00a
> >
> > We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the GNAT Pro 5.00a
>   ^^
> Volkert,
>
> are you announcing this (as a member of ACT) or are you just copying
> what you received from ACT on a different path?
> In the latter case, this form is not correct. You are not allowed to
> redistribute letters you received without confirmation of the sender.
My fault ... it will never happen again.

Volkert

* Re: Next Generation GNAT ... GNAT Pro 5.00a
@ 2003-03-14 10:15 ` Volkert
From: Volkert @ 2003-03-14 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is an announcement we got from ACT this day. Christoph
correctly mentioned, that i am not allowed to redistribute
suchs letters without confirmation of ACT. If someone from ACT
reads this, it was may fault and i am sorry for that.