* package for drawing geometric figures
@ 2002-03-30 16:03 Håkan Rohdin
From: Håkan Rohdin @ 2002-03-30 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I'm looking for a package to be able to create lines, circles and
other geometric figures. It's going to be used in a simple game. Is
this possible and if so, is it going to be hard.

I'm all new to Ada so please be kind to me :-)

TIA
/Hakan

* Re: package for drawing geometric figures
@ 2002-03-30 20:42 ` Ingo Marks
From: Ingo Marks @ 2002-03-30 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

H�kan Rohdin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a package to be able to create lines, circles and
> other geometric figures. It's going to be used in a simple game. Is
> this possible and if so, is it going to be hard.
>
> I'm all new to Ada so please be kind to me :-)
>
> TIA
> /Hakan

You could take a look at the GtkAda library at
http://www.adapower.net/gtkada/

I am not experienced in GtkAda but I think GtkAda contains a canvas
specification to draw the things you need. Take a look at the demos
contained in the library.

Ingo

* Re: package for drawing geometric figures
@ 2002-03-30 20:57 ` Richard Riehle
From: Richard Riehle @ 2002-03-30 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

H�kan Rohdin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm looking for a package to be able to create lines, circles and
> other geometric figures. It's going to be used in a simple game. Is
> this possible and if so, is it going to be hard.
>
> I'm all new to Ada so please be kind to me :-)

If you are new to Ada, I am going to suggest the great little
set of libraries called JEWL created by John English.  My
beginning Ada students have been able to create games,
graphical output of computations,  small text editors, and
a whole range of interesting beginning level programs
using it.   You can download the most recent version
of it from

              http://www.adapower.com.

Caution.  JEWL is intended for beginners.   There is a lot
of stuff that is not included.   However, for someone who
just wants to have some fun with Ada early in their learning,
it is as easy to use as Ada.Text_IO and loads more fun.

Richard Riehle

* Re: package for drawing geometric figures
@ 2002-03-31  9:06   ` Håkan Rohdin
From: Håkan Rohdin @ 2002-03-31  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com> wrote in message news:<3CA626A7.510D87C7@adaworks.com>...
> H�kan Rohdin wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm looking for a package to be able to create lines, circles and
> > other geometric figures. It's going to be used in a simple game. Is
> > this possible and if so, is it going to be hard.
> >
> > I'm all new to Ada so please be kind to me :-)
>
> If you are new to Ada, I am going to suggest the great little
> set of libraries called JEWL created by John English.  My
> beginning Ada students have been able to create games,
> graphical output of computations,  small text editors, and
> a whole range of interesting beginning level programs
> using it.   You can download the most recent version
> of it from
>
>               http://www.adapower.com.
>
> Caution.  JEWL is intended for beginners.   There is a lot
> of stuff that is not included.   However, for someone who
> just wants to have some fun with Ada early in their learning,
> it is as easy to use as Ada.Text_IO and loads more fun.
>
> Richard Riehle

This package seems to have what I'm looking for, but it's for MS
Windows. The game is going to be used on SunOS, running CDE. It's
going to be a version of Hearts, the game of cards. Does anybody know
of any other package that does work under Unix.