* ADA course providers in SURREY, UK
@ 2005-04-05  6:55 corlioni1976
From: corlioni1976 @ 2005-04-05  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Everybody,

Can anyone provide me with some information on ADA course providers in the
SURREY region of the UK.  I need to take a short course in Introduction
(Beginners guide) to programming in ADA.  I need to learn to program in ADA
83 and ADA95 so a course that incorporates both would be nice but not
essential.

The company is paying so I am not too worried about the cost (but would like
it to be reasonable to stop managers moaning).

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Naveed

* Re: ADA course providers in SURREY, UK
@ 2005-04-05 16:57 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2005-04-05 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:55:38 +0100, corlioni1976 wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> Can anyone provide me with some information on ADA course providers in the
> SURREY region of the UK.  I need to take a short course in Introduction
> (Beginners guide) to programming in ADA.  I need to learn to program in ADA
> 83 and ADA95 so a course that incorporates both would be nice but not
> essential.
>
> The company is paying so I am not too worried about the cost (but would like
> it to be reasonable to stop managers moaning).
>
> Any help/advice would be appreciated.

It's Ada not ADA. Also, have you tried buying a book? "Ada as a
second language," by Cohen (don't know the guy's other name) is supposed
to be the best. I've got "Ada from the beginning," by Jan Skansholm which
is fine if you don't want to go too far into the language, i.e. tasking,
OO, etc. But excellent as a basic book.

Luke.

* Re: ADA course providers in SURREY, UK
@ 2005-04-08  5:22 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2005-04-08  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

"corlioni1976" <corlioni1976REMOVE@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Can anyone provide me with some information on ADA course providers
> in the SURREY region of the UK.  I need to take a short course in
> Introduction (Beginners guide) to programming in ADA.  I need to
> learn to program in ADA 83 and ADA95 so a course that incorporates
> both would be nice but not essential.

You might try John Robinson, http://www.johnrobinsonandassociates.com/
(I think they are in Cheltenham, though).

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.