From: Diogenes <phathax0r@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada, MILS, and Kernels?
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 11:34:46 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-01-06T11:34:46-08:00	[thread overview]

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:47:19 PM UTC-5, brian catlin wrote:

> Really? Check out the OpenVMS Internals and Data Structures books. Also the 6th edition of the Windows Internals books contain very detailed information (full disclosure: I wrote many of the updates). You'll notice that the two operating systems are very, very similar because they were architected by the same person (Dave Cutler).
>

> If I were you, I'd first focus on creating a portable Ada Run Time environment (exceptions!), then add operating system layers on top of that.
>
>  -Brian

While VMS is part of my fishing expedition, I wasn't referring exclusively to that. I'm also reading up on VME, which in many ways is even more modern than modern OSes. VME is currently owned by Fujitsu corp; and getting the docs looks like it might be a little pricey. But I'm still searching.

Yeah, a portable Ada Run Time does seem to be in need these days. Of course an Ada Runtime Environment would be an OS layer on top of an exokernel.

Fortunately there are good examples to start from.(OpenRavenscar, RTEMS, ToyLovelace, etc..)

Thanks for the pointers.

Diogenes