From: Karel Miklav <karel@lovetemple.adbloccker.net>
Subject: Re: Porting GNAT/GCC to FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:40:56 +0200
Date: 2006-06-03T09:40:56+02:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:
>> Is it OK to just install each version of binaries in a separate
>> folder, like /user/local/bin/gcc34/?
>
> This works, if PATH is adjusted accordingly.

Yes, and I think this is the smallest annoyance for the end user.

> Have you had a chance to took at the Debian/GNU port? The names,
> suffixes, and locations are changed, there, too.

I checked. Debian has everything neatly installed in default paths,
which has it's own set of problems. I'll see.

But I wasn't able to find the build script, only source and binary
packages. Where can I get it?

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav