* Problem in gnatxref?
@ 2003-12-05 12:13 Chris Meudec
From: Chris Meudec @ 2003-12-05 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
gnatxref does not seem to cross reference record field names in record
aggregates. I am using gnat 3.13p.

For example, with

package gnatxref_pb is
type Dis is
   record
      Lane        : BOOLEAN;
      Ded          : BOOLEAN;
   end record;
Out_DiscreteInputs :Dis := Dis'( Lane        =>     true,
                                 Ded         => not true
                               );
end gnatxref_pb;

gnatxref outputs the following:

Ded                                                          Type:
Enum
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        6:7
Dis                                                          Type:
Record
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        3:6
  Ref:   gnatxref_pb.ads        9:21      9:28
Lane                                                         Type:
Enum
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        5:7
Out_DiscreteInputs                                           Type:
Record
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        9:1
gnatxref_pb                                                  Type:
Unit
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        1:9

as you can see 'Lane' and 'Ded' are properly xref on declaration but
not on reference in the aggregate.

Why is that? Should I switch to a newer version of gnatxref? Is there
other identifiers that are not xrefed?
How can this problem be fixed?

Best regards,
Chris.

* Re: Problem in gnatxref?
@ 2003-12-05 14:14 ` Stephen Leake
       [not found] ` <uu14fqrlk.fsf@acm.org>
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-12-05 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Meudec; +Cc: comp.lang.ada

meudecc@itcarlow.ie (Chris Meudec) writes:

> Hi all,
> gnatxref does not seem to cross reference record field names in record
> aggregates. I am using gnat 3.13p.

This is a very old version of GNAT; the current public version is
3.15p. Unless you are on a weird OS, you should be able to upgrade.

I believe I reported this bug to ACT a few years ago, and it is fixed
in the current version:

$ stephe@shevek$ gnatmake gnatxref_pb.ads
gcc -c gnatxref_pb.ads
stephe@shevek$ gnatxref gnatxref_pb
Ded                                              boolean object
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        5:7
  Ref:   gnatxref_pb.ads        8:34
Dis                                              record type
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        2:6
  Ref:   gnatxref_pb.ads        7:21      7:28
gnatxref_pb                                      package
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        1:9
Lane                                             boolean object
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        4:7
  Ref:   gnatxref_pb.ads        7:34
Out_DiscreteInputs                               record object
  Decl:  gnatxref_pb.ads        7:1

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Problem in gnatxref?
       [not found] ` <uu14fqrlk.fsf@acm.org>
@ 2003-12-08 11:16   ` Chris Meudec
From: Chris Meudec @ 2003-12-08 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Thanks for your reply.
I have upgraded to version 3.15 under windows and I still get the
same problem. In fact the .ali file does not contain the correct
information for gnatxref to do its job. Who is providing gnat
under windows?

V "GNAT Lib v3.15"
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

U gnatxref_pb%s		gnatxref_pb.ads
ff46a04a NE PK IL

D gnatxref_pb.ads	20011205121338 ff46a04a
D system.ads		20020119094456 2f3d0cfb
X 1 gnatxref_pb.ads
1K9*gnatxref_pb 10l5 10e16
2R6*Dis 6e14 7r21 7r28
4i7*Lane{integer}
5b7*Ded{boolean}
7r1*Out_DiscreteInputs{2R6}

--
Christophe Meudec PhD           meudecc@itcarlow.ie
CPM Department                  Phone +353 (0)59 9176266

* Re: Problem in gnatxref?
       [not found] ` <uu14fqrlk.fsf@acm.org>
@ 2003-12-08 11:16 ` Chris Meudec
From: Chris Meudec @ 2003-12-08 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have upgraded to version 3.15 under windows and I still get the same
problem.
In fact the .ali file does not contain the correct information for
gnatxref to do its job.

Who is providing gnat under windows?

V "GNAT Lib v3.15"
R nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

@ 2003-12-11 14:42 ada_wizard
From: ada_wizard @ 2003-12-11 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

meudecc@itcarlow.ie (Chris Meudec) writes:

> I have upgraded to version 3.15 under windows and I still get the same
> problem.

Ah. Sorry; I tested it with Gnat 5.01a (only available with a support
contract).

> Who is providing gnat under windows?

Ada Core Technologies, same as all of the other GNAT ports. There
should be a new public release Real Soon Now :).

You could try the gnat that is included in the gcc distribution; it is
close to GNAT 5.01a. There is a binary for Windows in the Cygwin
distribution (which is worth having on its own, for bash, make, cvs,
ssh, etc); http://www.cygwin.com.

--
-- Stephe

This mail sent using ToadMail -- Web based e-mail @ ToadNet