* Hellfire/Longbow SW Engineer
@ 2001-10-17 14:26 Jeffrey Bees
From: Jeffrey Bees @ 2001-10-17 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Software/Systems Engineer on the Software and Computer Resources
support (SCRS) contract supporting the software and hardware
development requirements for the Longbow/Hellfire Missile System.
Candidates must have 5 or more years experience programming in Ada.
Real time C/C++ embedded programming and real time operating system
experience are a plus.  Prior experience on Longbow/Hellfire System is
a significant plus.  Experience on Vax Sun Solaris, Linux or other
Unix Operating Systems helpful but not required.  Must understand and
have experience with software estimating, requirements analysis,
top-level detailed design and test procedures.  Candidates must be
self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with minimum
supervision.  Some travel required.  BS degree in Computer Science or
other Engineering discipline from ABET Accredited degree of study and
4-6 years of engineering experience (MS & 2 years or PhD).  Strong
background in science and math/physics essential.  SECRET Clearance.

Please email inquiries to jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com

* Re: Hellfire/Longbow SW Engineer
@ 2001-10-17 20:09 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-10-17 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey Bees wrote:

> Software/Systems Engineer on the Software and Computer Resources
> support (SCRS) contract supporting the software and hardware
> development requirements for the Longbow/Hellfire Missile System.
> Candidates must have 5 or more years experience programming in Ada.
> Real time C/C++ embedded programming and real time operating system
> experience are a plus.  Prior experience on Longbow/Hellfire System is
> a significant plus.  Experience on Vax Sun Solaris, Linux or other
> Unix Operating Systems helpful but not required.  Must understand and
> have experience with software estimating, requirements analysis,
> top-level detailed design and test procedures.  Candidates must be
> self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with minimum
> supervision.  Some travel required.  BS degree in Computer Science or
> other Engineering discipline from ABET Accredited degree of study and
> 4-6 years of engineering experience (MS & 2 years or PhD).  Strong
> background in science and math/physics essential.  SECRET Clearance.
>
> Please email inquiries to jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com

As usual, omitting even a hint of the geographical location
significantly decreases the response rate.

* Re: Hellfire/Longbow SW Engineer
@ 2001-10-17 20:28   ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-10-17 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marc A. Criley" <mcqada@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > Please email inquiries to jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com
>
> As usual, omitting even a hint of the geographical location
> significantly decreases the response rate.

Its a fishing expedition hoping to attract as many resumes as possible - if
you don't use them for this placement, you use them for some other one.

I'd agree that geographical location might improve responses from people
likely to take the job - but it would probably cut down on the overall
number of raw resumes many of whom won't consider the position.

In any event - if they want to build the Hellfire thingie down here in South
Florida, I'd be willing to consider a jump back into the Defense business.
It would be a lot more cost effective than trying to build it in some of the
other places I've seen this sort of thing done. :-)

Anyway, its good to know that there is some defense project out there that
has not abandoned Ada. Unless the "C/C++" part means they're looking to
translate the project from Ada to C++. :-(

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: Hellfire/Longbow SW Engineer
@ 2001-10-17 23:33 ` James Rogers
From: James Rogers @ 2001-10-17 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeffrey,

What part of the world is this in? I may be interested if I do not
have to move.

Jim Rogers

@ 2001-10-18  3:08     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2001-10-18  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org> wrote in message news:<9qkpkr$s1v$1@nh.pace.co.uk>...
> Anyway, its good to know that there is some defense
> project out there that has not abandoned Ada.

There are many many defense projects using Ada, don't
overreact!

* Re: Hellfire/Longbow SW Engineer
@ 2001-10-18 13:07     ` Jeffrey Bees
From: Jeffrey Bees @ 2001-10-18 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marin,

Thanks for getting some discussion going with this.  Where are you
located in Florida?  Our contract is located down in the Huntsville,
Alabama area, but I'm sure they would entertain other ideas as to how
to fill this position.  Take a look at our website...www.saic.com.
More info about the company.  If you're interested in moving forward,
email me a resume and I'll forward it directly to the project manager.
 Feel free to correspond via my email jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com.  Also,
I'm not working for a contract agency etc.  I'm an SAIC employee.  I
look forward to speaking with you.  Have a great day.  One other
thing, you were right on the money with your response about leaving
the location out, except the piece about not having a "real" position.
 Its real, and the reason why no location was placed is were
entertaining ideas/possiblities of remote work.  Of course we'd love
to have the consultant on site 100% but getting the right talent in
place and working around possible issues is something that SAIC does
on a regular basis.

Jeff

@ 2001-10-18 13:09   ` Jeffrey Bees
From: Jeffrey Bees @ 2001-10-18 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

The contract is located in Huntsville Alabama but were entertaining
any possibilities that puts the right talent on the contract.  Email
me a resume if you want to move forward and let me know what your
ideal situation would be and I'll see if I can make it work!  Thanks
for the discussion too.  Feel free to email me at
jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com.

Jeff

@ 2001-10-18 13:12       ` Jeffrey Bees
From: Jeffrey Bees @ 2001-10-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert,

Thanks for getting this discussion going.  Its much appreciated.  Do
you know of anyone who would be interested in the job?  I've had a
couple of good responses but would entertain any other possibilities.
Let me know.  My email is jeffrey.r.bees@saic.com.

Thanks,
Jeff

@ 2001-10-18 13:37       ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-10-18 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don't think I said anything about the position not being "real" - I'd
presume that anyone who posts a job description here generally speaking has
a job to offer.

Usually headhunter posts don't list a location for a couple of reasons - if
you list the location, someone might go around you directly to the company
and the headhunter loses the fee. The other reason is, as I observed, that
their back pocket for another day. None of that is particularly dishonest or
unfair - it just isn't terribly convenient for someone who might be looking
at job opportunities. (Who wants to keep getting calls from headhunters
about jobs they're not interested in taking? Not quite as bad as spam in the
e-mail, but its the same general nuisance.)

Huntspatch Alabama, eh? Been there. Done that. Nice enough town, but it
isn't home & I got tired of the road. :-)

MDC