From: amado.alves@gmail.com
Subject: Re: simple programs -> one file with gps 2008 (gpl)?
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:44:47 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-08T15:44:47-07:00	[thread overview]

> I'm new to Ada and therefore I'm digging through the book "Programming
> in Ada 2005".

Welcome!

> "Complete simple programms might be presented in a single file."

Probably this was just to stress that the language is not file-
oriented like C or Java.

However, for better and for worse, GNAT is a file-oriented compiler.

Like others have said (and yet others seem to ignore) a tool Gnatchop
exists that generates the files from an Ada text (usually from an .ada
file) Eventually you use this tool to start development from an Ada
text. But normally you only do this once at the start of development,
because compiler messages will point to the 'new' files, so it's more
convenient to edit them instead of the old, and there is no tool to
keep the new and the old in sync automatically.

If you use GPS then probably you will use the respective "project"
tools and the "visual" programming style to "manage" the files. Beware
of visual spaggetti...