* GCC/GNAT and Ada 2005
@ 2005-03-05 14:57 fmdf
From: fmdf @ 2005-03-05 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I wanted to learn and use containers (AI-302) so I found the Martin
Dowie's Web Page from which to download these features.

Afterwards I read at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-02/msg00420.html that many
patches have been committed to GCC/GNAT since 10 Feb 2005 to add
support for several Ada 2005 (or shouuld I call it Ada0Y?) new
features.

Does it mean that if I download the current version of GCC from the CVS
repository I don't anymore need to download anything from the
above-mentioned web site or anywhere else? Is it all I have to do in
order to make use of containers and the other new features from the
proposed standard?

Sorry as usual for my poor English, I want to thank in advance anyone
who will reply.

fabio de francesco

* Re: GCC/GNAT and Ada 2005
@ 2005-03-05 17:56 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-03-05 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

fmdf@tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to learn and use containers (AI-302) so I found the Martin
> Dowie's Web Page from which to download these features.
>
> Afterwards I read at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-02/msg00420.html that many
> patches have been committed to GCC/GNAT since 10 Feb 2005 to add
> support for several Ada 2005 (or shouuld I call it Ada0Y?) new
> features.
>
> Does it mean that if I download the current version of GCC from the CVS
> repository I don't anymore need to download anything from the
> above-mentioned web site or anywhere else? Is it all I have to do in
> order to make use of containers and the other new features from the
> proposed standard?

Yes, pretty much! :-)

I think you'd still have to download Matt's Ada2005 version from

http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/

> Sorry as usual for my poor English, I want to thank in advance anyone
> who will reply.

It's better than my <insert_language_of_choice>!

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: GCC/GNAT and Ada 2005
@ 2005-03-07 13:57   ` fmdf
From: fmdf @ 2005-03-07 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:
> fmdf@tiscali.it wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to learn and use containers (AI-302) so I found the Martin
> > Dowie's Web Page from which to download these features.
> >
> > Afterwards I read at
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-02/msg00420.html that many
> > patches have been committed to GCC/GNAT since 10 Feb 2005 to add
> > support for several Ada 2005 (or shouuld I call it Ada0Y?) new
> > features.
> >
> > Does it mean that if I download the current version of GCC from the
CVS
> > repository I don't anymore need to download anything from the
> > above-mentioned web site or anywhere else? Is it all I have to do
in
> > order to make use of containers and the other new features from the
> > proposed standard?
>
> Yes, pretty much! :-)
>
> I think you'd still have to download Matt's Ada2005 version from
>
> http://charles.tigris.org/source/browse/charles/src/ai302/

> [SKIP]

> Cheers
>
> -- Martin

Ciao.

What's the difference between your code and the one from the link you
mentioned?

What features does that GCC patch provide? I was wrong in understanding
that the new proposed standard features were already put inside GCC...
So what's those patches use?

Regards.

fabio de francesco

* Re: GCC/GNAT and Ada 2005
@ 2005-03-07 18:42     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-03-07 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

fmdf@tiscali.it wrote:
> What's the difference between your code and the one from the link you
> mentioned?

My version is for Ada95

Matt's version is for Ada2005

> What features does that GCC patch provide? I was wrong in understanding
> that the new proposed standard features were already put inside GCC...
> So what's those patches use?

No idea - anonymous access parameters as a minimum, I guess, or Matt's
version wouldn't compile :-)

Cheers

-- Martin