From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: gnat 2011 - avr-elf-windows
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 03:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-30T03:57:22-07:00	[thread overview]

> a. I am having trouble generating the spec for the Arduino part I am
> using - ATmega328.
>
> gen_avr fails with the message:
>
> bad XML document, AVRPART expected

I'm assuming you are using the http://student.agh.edu.pl/~mkucia/wiki/doku.php?id=avrada (Do you have other reference?). If so, I do not get this message. Did you run the gen using
main.exe ATmega328P.xml > atmega328p.ads?

The xml you can get from AS5.
Still I do not get any error message at this point.

> Any pointers on how I can modify the xml to get this processed?

I don't think you need to modify the xml. But the ads it generated came with with several redundancies, so it did not compile. Have to take them out. So it looks more practical to generate the ads by hand, without the xml, so you can put just what you want to use.

> b. I am also looking for a source for crt1-atmega328.S The examples
> dir has a crt1-atmega2560.S
>
> Any ideas on where this crt1-atmega2560.S originated?

I did not use this. Is this included on GNAT-AVR library?
Actually you can use the CRT from WinAVR installation, at avr\lib\avr5\crtm328p.o (rename it to crtm328p._o).

Regards.