* gnatmake and gprbuild
@ 2008-09-18  8:37 belteshazzar
From: belteshazzar @ 2008-09-18  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm attempting to build a large system using gnat project files, I
have multiple libraries to be built some that have Ada and C.

Unfortuantely I've found to compile the Ada and C i have to use
gprbuild BUT gprbuild fails (reports a gcc error) to build some of the
large libraries (where as gnatmake WILL build them)

Any ideas?

I think that the command line list of files sent to gcc by gprlib is
to long, but i can't work out how gnatmake doesn't get this same
error.

Any lessons learnt using these tools would be appreciated.

* Re: gnatmake and gprbuild
@ 2008-09-18 12:21 ` Vadim Godunko
From: Vadim Godunko @ 2008-09-18 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 18, 12:37 pm, belteshazzar <gbelteshaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the command line list of files sent to gcc by gprlib is
> to long, but i can't work out how gnatmake doesn't get this same
> error.

You are right, this is bug in the gprbuild from the GNAT GPL 2008.

> Any lessons learnt using these tools would be appreciated.
QtAda 2.0 includes patch for fix several problems in gprbuild program.
You can rebuild gprbuild with this patch.

* Re: gnatmake and gprbuild
@ 2008-09-18 23:48   ` belteshazzar
From: belteshazzar @ 2008-09-18 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 18, 10:21 pm, Vadim Godunko <vgodu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 12:37 pm, belteshazzar <gbelteshaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think that the command line list of files sent to gcc by gprlib is
> > to long, but i can't work out how gnatmake doesn't get this same
> > error.
>
> You are right, this is bug in the gprbuild from the GNAT GPL 2008.
>
> > Any lessons learnt using these tools would be appreciated.
>
> QtAda 2.0 includes patch for fix several problems in gprbuild program.
> You can rebuild gprbuild with this patch.

Thankyou ... i'll give it a shot.