From: Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org>
Subject: Re: Please help with my lua binding
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 23:08:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2013-01-02T23:08:54-08:00	[thread overview]

I had originally looked for Ada bindings here:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/BindingCodeToLua

Both links were dead. I had downloaded the second link's code last year though but it was very hard for me to understand the build system and I decided to start from scratch.

I found the project reworked with a simple makefile and two gpr files on github. There are two authors, one is here:
https://github.com/Lucretia/coreland-lua-ada

I had a bit of trouble building it but it appears to be a gnat issue.

putting these commands in a shell script helped:
make
make tests
LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu /pat/gnat/bin/gnatmake -Plua_ada_tests
(you would of course have to edit this last line)

The library path does not seem to be found by default and must be specified.

This project does not appear complete but it is miles ahead of where I was a few hours ago. I am going to study it and put my project on hold.

Thanks to Florian and Simon again. I suppose my efforts are a failure at this point but I have learned quite a bit. Ada is a wonderful language but I have not been actually writing enough to organize all the pieces I have read. Trying out projects is a great way to learn and I learned several things today.