* Task type inheritance and...
@ 2002-12-16  4:35 VNCoder
From: VNCoder @ 2002-12-16  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,
    Hope someone out there can help me on these questions:
    Is it possible to inheritance from a task type? If so, how?
    Is is possible to access base class attributes (inside private)
from concrete classes?

    Thanks in advance.

Regards,

VNCoder

* Re: Task type inheritance and...
@ 2002-12-16  6:36 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 2002-12-16  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

"VNCoder" <astrolove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>     Hope someone out there can help me on these questions:
>     Is it possible to inheritance from a task type? If so, how?
>     Is is possible to access base class attributes (inside private)
> from concrete classes?

It is not possible to extend a task type.

How would extension work with task entrys?

A task entry is NOT a separate subprogram. It is a synchronization
point. Inside the task body the entries are accepted, often within a
loop. How would this be cleanly extended to add new accept
statements?

For tagged types a child type can access parent private data
members IF the child tagged type is defined within a child package
(or the same package) of the package defining the parent tagged
type. The child package body has visibility to all public and private
data members. The child package private part also has visibility
to public and private data members. The child package public
part only has visibility to the parent package public part.

Jim Rogers