From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8a-REMOVETHIS@m-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.15p @ win-2000 recompiles _all_ internal packages ...
Date: 30 May 2006 00:38:54 +0200
Date: 2006-05-30T00:38:54+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8a-REMOVETHIS@m-e-leypold.de> writes:
> >    As I understood that, gnatmake should only remake the internal
> >    packages in this situation if the corresponding *.ali- and
> >    *.o-Files are not up to date.
> >
> > Actually that is not what happens: Under Debian it works as I

> From the top of my head: look at the file permissions, and make sure
> that the .ali files for the GNAT internal units are read-only for all
> users.

Hm. I admit, this is a dedicated build machine and presently the build
process runs as Administrator (not the best practice, I admit). So the
.ali files might be writeable by Admin.

But: In the Gnat users guide I read

  -a
     Consider all files in the make process, even the GNAT internal
     system files (for example, the predefined Ada library files), as
     well as any locked files. Locked files are files whose ALI file is
     write-protected.

I understood 'consider' as: Recompile if not up to date (but not
always). Am I wrong? -- AFAIS my standard library is up to date.

But before asserting more, I'll have to check this thoroughly, lock
down the -ali files and then I'll come back if my problem persists.

Thanks for the help.

Regards -- Markus