From: xadian <xadian@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Passing arrays to procedures
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:43:28 +0100
Date: 2004-12-22T19:43:28+01:00	[thread overview]

Alex R. Mosteo wrote:

> You must declare an array type and use it in the function declaration:
>
> type Blah is array (Integer range <>) of Something;
>
> procedure Procname (N : in Integer; v1 : in Blah) is...
>
> of course you can declare the array type where it best fit your design.

Well actually I have no idea where to declare that type...
I've got two files. One with that procedure and one with the main
procedure. In the main procedure I call that other one.
The declaration can't be in the main procedure because it wont be known
in the procedure (thats what the compiler sais) and it can't be declared
  in the seperate procedure-file, because there is no way to declare sth
before the procedure starts.
I already tried to declare both proedures in one file but then it sais
sth like "end of file expected" after the "end;" of the first of these
two procedures...
So where now can I declare that type?!

xadian

PS The array i want to pass has a variable size, so there is no way to
use a contraint one (if that is important).