From: Mike H <postmaster@ada-augusta.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Need help for constrained type
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 14:11:42 +0000
Date: 2014-02-07T14:11:42+00:00	[thread overview]

In message <52f3c83c$0$6559$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, G.B.
<rm-dash-bau-haus@dash.futureapps.de> writes
>One approximation can make use of generics. The immediate
>mention of the Len with the object declaration will not be
>present. But otherwise the approximation preserves the
>"interface" of Memory_Block, except that the .Len component
>is no longer constant, and not guaranteed to be in sync with
>the length of .Usage_Info, if someone messes with it.
Cannot sync be guaranteed by placing the relevant bits and pieces as
private types within a package such that they may only be manipulated by
functions and procedures provided by that package? Or have I
misunderstood something?

B.T.W for those who have come to Ada from other places it is not always
easy to feel comfortable with the higher levels of abstraction that the
language supplies. One consequence is that not only should one not be
surprised when there seems to be little correlation between the number
of lines of source code and amount of code generated, one should also
not be surprised when any such correlation is negative.

--
The thing I like best about the Internet is that no one
knows that, in reality, I am just another old dog!