* ada on windows with GNAT and AdaGIDE
@ 2004-10-22 13:53 xadian
From: xadian @ 2004-10-22 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I just tried to get an ada development environment to work on my Windows
XP PC. I installed GNAT 3.15p and AdaGIDE 7.21. But whenever I try to
compile a program I get a compiler error. Also for the hello-world prog:

with Ada.Text_Io;
use Ada.Text_Io;

procedure Hello is
begin
    put_Line("Hello World!");
end Hello;

I dont think that the sourcecode is wrong.
The error is:
"[...]
gnat: you must provide one source file
Done--error detected."

I did save the file before compiling. So what could be the reason for this?!

Thx already
Martin

* Re: ada on windows with GNAT and AdaGIDE
@ 2004-10-22 14:11 ` stephane richard
From: stephane richard @ 2004-10-22 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well I have the same setup as you.  Windows XP, AdaGIDE 7.21, gnat 3.15p and
I just tried to compile and it worked fine.

One thing I did is installed the GNAT compiler first. Then installed AdaGIDE
after Maybe that helped.  If you did that already in that order. Me I
accepted all default folder locations and options for both the compiler and
the IDE.  Maybe that helped too.

@ 2004-10-22 14:17   ` xadian
From: xadian @ 2004-10-22 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hm, I thought I did install GNAT first... However I tried again and
installed both programs to the same folder now (read somewhere that this
  was necessary in earlier version or sth) and it works fine.

Thank you
Martin