From: Georg Bauhaus <sb463ba@l1-hrz.uni-duisburg.de>
Subject: Re: questions to generic
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:33:46 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2004-09-29T11:33:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Rick Santa-Cruz <rick_santa_cruz75@msn.com> wrote:
: Hi,
:
:> yes, the way you have done.
:>
:> : where Gen_Test_Client is the start-procedure?
:>
:> no. It has to be instantiated somewhere to become a real procedure.
: And how and where do I have to instantiate the procedure then?

wherever you like :)

: So is it this way correct:

Does you compiler report anything?

: -- test-client:
: with Pack1; -- by the way when I write here: with Pack1.Child_Pack; I get a
: compilation-error. Why?

That's the point. Pack1 is generic, it is not an instance.
By writing Some_Package.Something_Else, you are referring
to Something_Else in a real package (which can be a plain
package, or an real instance of a generic package).
Imagine you had a generic package as before,
with a nested generic. But the formal parameter of the
nested generic is different from the formal parameter of
the outer package.
The outer is instantiated with some actual type. What have
you got?

-- Georg