* Question: What is the link between Ada and superconductivity?
@ 2014-03-24 16:26 mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2014-03-24 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Answer:  Beajoulais!  (seriously...)

http://m.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/27664/

It seems that in 2011 a group of Japanese researchers tried to marinate FeTeS in different alcoholic beverages in order to make it superconductive.  It turned out that red wines work better and the best of red wines is a 2009 Beajoulais.  According to a work of 2012, it seems that the reason is high tartaric acid concentration.

OK, nice.  A question, however, remains: how did it come to their mind the idea of marinating FeTeS in alcohol?!?

Riccardo

* Re: Question: What is the link between Ada and superconductivity?
@ 2014-03-24 17:26 ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 2014-03-24 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, March 24, 2014 9:26:36 AM UTC-7, mockturtle wrote:
> Answer:  Beajoulais!  (seriously...)
>
> http://m.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/27664/
>
> It seems that in 2011 a group of Japanese researchers tried to marinate FeTeS in different alcoholic beverages in order to make it superconductive.  It turned out that red wines work better and the best of red wines is a 2009 Beajoulais.  According to a work of 2012, it seems that the reason is high tartaric acid concentration.
>
> OK, nice.  A question, however, remains: how did it come to their mind the idea of marinating FeTeS in alcohol?!?

Does this result imply that if I marinate my brain in Beaujolais, the electrical connections will work more efficiently?  I wonder if I could get a government grant to study this.

                              -- Adam

* Re: Question: What is the link between Ada and superconductivity?
@ 2014-03-24 17:51   ` Mike H
From: Mike H @ 2014-03-24 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <b2e95f38-2c35-4b16-8abd-5500298117ab@googlegroups.com>, Adam
Beneschan <adambeneschan@gmail.com> writes
>Does this result imply that if I marinate my brain in Beaujolais, the
>electrical connections will work more efficiently?  I wonder if I could
>get a government grant to study this.

Seems a pretty good way get sponsors to buy you a drink or two?

--
Mike
Swim? Naturally at Severn Vale