From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei@online.no>
Subject: Re: Writing Ada records to MS Access
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:18:46 +0200
Date: 2003-08-13T20:18:46+02:00	[thread overview]

Brien L. Christesen  wrote:
> Ok, I looked through the archives and I still couldn't figure out what I
> whould do.  I have some Ada records written to binary files.  These
> records need to be put in a relational database.  Right now, this is done
> by humans, but I'm sure there's a better way.  I could write the records
> to some tab separated files, but that seems like an ugly way to do
> it.  I've looked into GNADE a little bit, but I can't really figure out
> what I should do with it.  I assume I need to write to an ODBC database
> and import it into Access, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Have a look at http://www.adapower.com/. You should look into DCOM and stuff
and GNADE. With DCOM you should be able to re-use whatever VB skills you
have and use the JET objects to do the database stuff. GNADE uses ODBC.
Access has some ODBC stuff if my memory is correct (I am not use that you
need access as long as you have the ODBC driver for the JET db engine).

greetings,