From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GNADE - inparticular the MySQL binding
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:38:00 +0200
Date: 2007-05-19T11:37:32+02:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 15 May 2007 17:53:52 GMT, Fionn Mac Cumhaill wrote:

> Is anybody using the MySQL binding in GNADE? (package Gnu.Db.MySQL)  I
> tried a very simple program that  does nothing but connect to a MySQL
> 5 database, and it failed on the very first call of a routine in the
> package. It is documented as being a binding to MySQL 4, and it seems
> that it won't work with 5. A casual glance at the source code suggests
> that it indeed needs to be updated to work with MySQL 5. Is anybody
> still working on GNADE? I need a MySQL 5 binding, and I will update to
> MySQL 5.

I am using GNADE ODBC. So far I have been managing to fix minor bugs in the
1.5.3a release keeping it in pace with GNAT. I reported the fixes I made to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnade/.

Today I compiled GNADE ODBC with GNAT GPL 2007 (and -gnat05 switch (:-)). I
shortly tested it with MS Access and it worked. So I suppose there should
be no problem with MySQL either, as long as MySQL ODBC driver is OK. I
cannot tell anything for native bindings to MySQL, because I don't use
them.

Certainly there is a great lag since the last release (2004). Many people
come with new bindings to databases and then disappear. I can only wish
that they better united their efforts in maintaining one project, like
GNADE.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov