From: chenrich@monmouth.com (Christopher J. Henrich)
Subject: Re: Is ada usfull in the cumputer world?
Date: 1997/01/12
Date: 1997-01-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <5bbn22$hdj@cumin.telecom.uqam.ca>, bc591813@er.uqam.ca wrote:

> I'm starting a cumputer science programme and ada is the language will use
> to lurn how to program cuputer.. will it be usfull???
>

> Robert Bouchard
> Montr=E9al
Yes.  Bear in mind that the most important things to learn about writing
good software are not the details of one or another programming language,
but skills.

     "Modularization" is one such skill.  It consists in dividing the work of
a program into manageable parts, each of which has a well-defined mission.

     "Encapsulation" is another.  It amounts to making a clean separation
between the "inside" and the "outside" of each significant part of a program.
Often, the "outside" is called the "interface" and the "inside" is called
the "implementation."

     Ada is good for learning to program, because it has language features
that help a programmer to practice these skills.  The skills themselves,
once learned, can be practiced in other languages as well.

--
Christopher J. Henrich
chenrich@monmouth.com