* New RNGs in the PragmARCs
@ 2013-08-11 21:37 PragmAda Software Engineering
From: PragmAda Software Engineering @ 2013-08-11 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The beta version of the PragmAda Reusable Components for ISO/IEC
8652:2007 now contains an implementation of Marsaglia's KISS RNG, and a
"combined" RNG that combines both the Universal and KISS generators to
result in a generator that should be both better quality than either and
with a much longer period as well. You can find the PragmARCs at

http://pragmada.x10hosting.com/pragmarc.htm

I hope those of you who are into RNGs will take a look and provide feedback.

--
Jeffrey R. Carter, President
PragmAda Software Engineering

* Re: New RNGs in the PragmARCs
@ 2013-08-11 23:45 ` Paul Rubin
From: Paul Rubin @ 2013-08-11 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

PragmAda Software Engineering <pragmada@pragmada.x10hosting.com> writes:
> a "combined" RNG that combines both the Universal and KISS generators ..
> I hope those of you who are into RNGs will take a look and provide feedback.

My feeling is it's not worth doing this.  There should be a fast RNG
with reasonable statistics (Mersenne Twister) and there should be a
cryptographic RNG that can be slower but is built to withstand
adversarial analysis.

* Re: New RNGs in the PragmARCs
@ 2013-08-12  0:04 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2013-08-12  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)