From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Whatever happened to GNAT GPL's JVM and .NET targets?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 11:44:03 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-11-22T11:44:03-08:00	[thread overview]

> It would be nice to be able to target GNAT to these platforms once again.

What would be your motivation (just curious).
Coincidence, I've just reinstalled GNAT for .NET today to be able to reproduce a nasty bug of the 2013-2014 edition (a really trivial reproducer program could freeze a Windows PC efficiently), but with the .NET platform version change (I guess), the program did not even want to start. That's the problem with .NET: you need to keep up with Windows and .NET versions separately, and with what in exchange, except a loss of performance ? From a marketing point of view, it made sense 15 years ago for Microsoft, being able to sell "their" virtual machine.