From: Bo Wang <wangbosky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to merge multiple compilation units into a compilation unit.
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2015-10-23T20:18:20-07:00	[thread overview]

Dear J-P. Rosen
Thank you for giving me valuable advices.
> > I want to merge multiple compilation units into a single compilation unit,
> What do you mean by this? If you have two global package specifications,
> they /are/ two compilation units. Even if you put them in the same file,
> they still are two compilation units.
Perhaps "merge" is vague. I want to create a new compilation unit that acts as same as the original two compilation units, so that I can use the new compilation unit to replace the original two compilation units. When a target program is small-scaled, I can create the new compilation unit manually, however, for a large target program that has massive compilation units, the manual process is impossible. Does there exist a tool that implements this function automatically.

> > or generate an abstract tree file ".adt".
> See the documentation on ASIS for that, or how to compile "on the fly".
>
> Reading the source of ptree can be useful as a starting point of an ASIS
> application (ptree is a small utility provided with AdaControl, much
> simpler than AdaControl itself).
AdaControl is great. I installed and used it. From the view of manual reference of AdaControl, ptree is process compilation units one by one?
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Bo Wang