* [ANN]VTD-XML 2.9
@ 2010-08-15  7:46 dontcare
From: dontcare @ 2010-08-15  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

VTD-XML 2.9, the next generation XML Processing API for SOA and Cloud
computing, has been released. Please visit  https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/
to download the latest version.

* Strict Conformance
          #VTD-XML now fully conforms to XML namespace 1.0 spec
* Performance Improvement
          #Significantly improved parsing performance for small XML
files
* Expand Core VTD-XML API
          #Adds getPrefixString(), and toNormalizedString2()
* Cutting/Splitting
          #Adds getSiblingElementFragment()
* A number of bug fixes and code enhancement including:
          #Fixes a bug for reading very large XML documents on some
platforms
          #Fixes a bug in parsing processing instruction
          #Fixes a bug in outputAndReparse()

* Re: [ANN]VTD-XML 2.9
@ 2010-08-15 18:01 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2010-08-15 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/15/2010 02:46 AM, dontcare wrote:
> VTD-XML 2.9, the next generation XML Processing API for SOA and Cloud
> computing, has been released. Please visit  https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/
> to download the latest version.

Not exactly sure why this was announced here, since there's nothing
really "Ada" about it.

However...  I had run across this before and it sounds quite intriguing.
I've given serious consideration to doing an Ada binding for it sometime
within the next year. Just a bunch of things to clear off the plate first.

Marc A. Criley
McKae Technologies

* Re: [ANN]VTD-XML 2.9
@ 2010-08-15 18:32   ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2010-08-15 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:01:33 +0200, Marc A. Criley <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> a
écrit:

> On 08/15/2010 02:46 AM, dontcare wrote:
>> VTD-XML 2.9, the next generation XML Processing API for SOA and Cloud
>> computing, has been released. Please visit
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/
>> to download the latest version.
>
> Not exactly sure why this was announced here, since there's nothing
> really "Ada" about it.
Funny, I also came to it a few days ago. I was also thinking for long to
create a kind of by-byte-adresse map of XML files (if there is a standard
that's better, will not have to create my own).

Beside of that, yes, how does it relate to Ada ? Same question for me.

--
There is even better than a pragma Assert: a SPARK --# check.
--# check C and WhoKnowWhat and YouKnowWho;