From: ahlan.marriott@gmail.com
Subject: Gprbuild - Setting the earliest version of MacOS X that an executable will run on.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 08:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-03-26T08:10:35-07:00	[thread overview]

My OSX application built using GNAT GPL 2015 runs just fine if started from finder or from a terminal but not when part of a bundle. When started from a bundle, irrespective of the setting of LSMinimumSystemVersion in Info.plist, Sierra complains "You have macOS 10.12.3. The application requires macOS 10.12.4 or later"

Googling (as one does) I found http://stackoverflow.com/a/25362535 that suggests that you should call the GCC with the switch --macosx-version-min to explicitly set the minimum version within the executable.

If not explicitly defined, the GCC will use the value of the environment variable MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.

It is unclear what value will be used if neither is set.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I assume I could solve the problem by passing the --macosx-version-min switch to GCC - if I knew how.

Can anyone tell me how I should alter my GprBuild .gpr file to do this?

Would this be a Builder switch or a Linker switch or a Compiler switch that is passed to the linker?

Best wishes,
Ahlan