* Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-20 15:38 Pablo
From: Pablo @ 2009-07-20 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
Ada code?

* Re: Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-20 18:50 ` okellogg
From: okellogg @ 2009-07-20 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 20, 5:38 pm, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
> Ada code?

AdaBrowse (http://home.datacomm.ch/t_wolf/tw/ada95/adabrowse/)

does not use the exact Doxygen syntax but is useful, nonetheless.

--Oliver

* Re: Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-21  8:07 ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2009-07-21  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Lip, 17:38, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
> Ada code?

I have written a script that generates pretty nice docs in the Doxygen/
Javadoc/etc. style, but it works differently from other tools. Instead
of analyzing the code on the ASIS level it assumes that the source
code is "well formatted" and processes it based on the vertical and
horizontal whitespace patterns. Due to the regular structure of the
Ada grammar the whole task is reduced to simple regexp crunching
without any serious compile-like analysis - and is therefore blazing
fast.
I don't claim that its language coverage is complete, but it proved to
be very useful.

The script generates a set of HTML pages with indexes and stuff.

As pointed above, it works *only* when the code is "well formatted",
which means that newlines and indentation should be used according to
common conventions. Fortunately, most of the Ada code that was ever
written is well formatted in this sense. I was able to use this script
for the libraries that come with GNAT, and also for AWS, PolyORB, etc.

Please contact me privately (do not use the mail address in this post,
it is just a spam trap - follow the links in the signature instead) if
you are interested in this script. If there will be a wider interest I
will publish it on the web.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com

Database Access Library for Ada: www.inspirel.com/soci-ada

* Re: Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-22 12:13   ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-22 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 jul, 15:50, okellogg <okell...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 5:38 pm, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
> > Ada code?
>
> AdaBrowse (http://home.datacomm.ch/t_wolf/tw/ada95/adabrowse/)
>
> does not use the exact Doxygen syntax but is useful, nonetheless.
>
> --Oliver

Hi Oliver, thanks for the answer. I was looking for a script which
generates .tex files, but meanwhile it´s good.

* Re: Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-22 12:14   ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-22 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 jul, 05:07, Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 Lip, 17:38, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
> > Ada code?
>
> I have written a script that generates pretty nice docs in the Doxygen/
> Javadoc/etc. style, but it works differently from other tools. Instead
> of analyzing the code on the ASIS level it assumes that the source
> code is "well formatted" and processes it based on the vertical and
> horizontal whitespace patterns. Due to the regular structure of the
> Ada grammar the whole task is reduced to simple regexp crunching
> without any serious compile-like analysis - and is therefore blazing
> fast.
> I don't claim that its language coverage is complete, but it proved to
> be very useful.
>
> The script generates a set of HTML pages with indexes and stuff.
>
> As pointed above, it works *only* when the code is "well formatted",
> which means that newlines and indentation should be used according to
> common conventions. Fortunately, most of the Ada code that was ever
> written is well formatted in this sense. I was able to use this script
> for the libraries that come with GNAT, and also for AWS, PolyORB, etc.
>
> Please contact me privately (do not use the mail address in this post,
> it is just a spam trap - follow the links in the signature instead) if
> you are interested in this script. If there will be a wider interest I
> will publish it on the web.
>
> --
> Maciej Sobczak *www.msobczak.com*www.inspirel.com
>
> Database Access Library for Ada:www.inspirel.com/soci-ada

Hi Maciel, I´m interested in the script. I tried to access these
links, but I did not find your e-mail to contact you privalety.

* Re: Doxygen for Ada
@ 2009-07-24 18:02   ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-24 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 jul, 05:07, Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 Lip, 17:38, Pablo <pablit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does someone knows some Doxygen documentation script which runs over
> > Ada code?
>
> I have written a script that generates pretty nice docs in the Doxygen/
> Javadoc/etc. style, but it works differently from other tools. Instead
> of analyzing the code on the ASIS level it assumes that the source
> code is "well formatted" and processes it based on the vertical and
> horizontal whitespace patterns. Due to the regular structure of the
> Ada grammar the whole task is reduced to simple regexp crunching
> without any serious compile-like analysis - and is therefore blazing
> fast.
> I don't claim that its language coverage is complete, but it proved to
> be very useful.
>
> The script generates a set of HTML pages with indexes and stuff.
>
> As pointed above, it works *only* when the code is "well formatted",
> which means that newlines and indentation should be used according to
> common conventions. Fortunately, most of the Ada code that was ever
> written is well formatted in this sense. I was able to use this script
> for the libraries that come with GNAT, and also for AWS, PolyORB, etc.
>
> Please contact me privately (do not use the mail address in this post,
> it is just a spam trap - follow the links in the signature instead) if
> you are interested in this script. If there will be a wider interest I
> will publish it on the web.
>
> --
> Maciej Sobczak *www.msobczak.com*www.inspirel.com
>
> Database Access Library for Ada:www.inspirel.com/soci-ada

Hi Maciej, thanks for your response, I will check your project soon I
get home today.
Regards.