From: btiffin@canada.com
Subject: Re: GNAT Programming Studio for OpenCOBOL development
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 15:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-05T15:46:09-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 5, 5:11 am, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de>
wrote:
> btif...@canada.com schrieb:
>
> > andhttp://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#can-opencobol-interface-with-ada
>
> > For the curious, OpenCOBOL emits intermediate C and links nicely with
> > GNAT when using gnatgcc and gnatbind -n
>
> I am curious about a minor thing; it's that OpenCOBOL does not (yet?)
> refer to Ada LRM B.4, "Interfacing with COBOL".  Nothing wrong with
> the C bridge, just wondering.

Yeah.  ;)  As a hobby, writing technically relevant docs takes a
while.  We don't even have an OpenCOBOL usage Manual yet, let alone
documentation at the very professional level of Ada and GNAT.
Historically, the COBOL standards are "free to use the underlying
technology" but copyrighted for-fee documents.  Not many hobbyists
have said docs, and the free to distribute model just isn't in place
(yet).  It is in the plan, but that plan is long term and comes in
volunteer spits and spouts.

Cheers,
Brian