* Re: big complicated long evolved apps in ada
       [not found] <a36a02a7-255f-405d-886f-2102a3126f0c@googlegroups.com>
@ 2016-02-05  4:13 ` olivier.henley
From: olivier.henley @ 2016-02-05  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 10:34:07 PM UTC-5, polymorph self wrote:
> huge websites?
>
> big data?
>
> running the startup show on ada and free softwarE?
>
> tell me some exmaple

yeah...

military jets. space vehicule and nuclear plants. o.O

These are 'big complicated long evolved piece of ENGINEERING'

big data, apps and startups are only buzz words in comparison... big data is my favorite. lol, no offense.

@ 2016-02-05 11:43 ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2016-02-05 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 19:34:04 -0800, polymorph self wrote:

> huge websites?
>
> big data?
>
> running the startup show on ada and free softwarE?
>
> tell me some exmaple

One you don't need a pilot's license to operate:

ghdl, an open source compiler and simulator for the VHDL hardware design
language.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghdl-updates/

Actively developed, and rapidly turning into one of the better VHDL
simulators out there.

Amazing to realise it's pretty much a solo effort by Tristan, and he
maintains that Ada is a huge contributor to his productivity.

OpenHub estimates about 165 man-years of effort on the project (though
about 40% of that is in a 3rd party open source testsuite).

https://www.openhub.net/p/ghdl

-- Brian

@ 2016-02-06  2:20 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2016-02-06  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

polymorph self:

A web site with similar buzzwords: http://cbsg.sf.net :-)

> tell me some exmaple

Some free software ?
  http://texcad.sf.net
  http://azip.sf.net

I let you the honor of launching the first Ada uberized unicorn startup ;-)
Gautier's Ada programming
http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address