* adasockets on raspbian (armhf) and debian (intel32)
@ 2014-01-13 15:07 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2014-01-13 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using some identical ada/ adasocket code on the raspberry pi and intel. I compile for each on that architecture.

Btw I have checked with NMAP to make sure ports are free and working.

A socket successfully binds / listens and connects on intel but when I tried this on the latest version of raspbian it gives this error through strace
**********
Sockets_Setup_Task: Listening for test harness on port  18010
) = -1 ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)
gettimeofday({1389622632, 627619}, NULL) = 0
futex(0x63f318, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1)  = 0
exit_group(0)
***************

It should also raise an exception rather than bombing out to the command line.

I did encounter a slightly similar problem when sending information when it bombed out, in that case though I changed a value in the c_send of adasockets to include a value MSG_NOSIGNL and then it let the exceptions handle things....

Has anyone any ideas on this?

* Re: adasockets on raspbian (armhf) and debian (intel32)
@ 2014-01-14 10:34 ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2014-01-14 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 13 January 2014 15:07:01 UTC, tonyg  wrote:
> I am using some identical ada/ adasocket code on the raspberry pi and intel. I compile for each on that architecture.
>

> Btw I have checked with NMAP to make sure ports are free and working.
>

> A socket successfully binds / listens and connects on intel but when I tried this on the latest version of raspbian it gives this error through strace
>
> **********
>
> Sockets_Setup_Task: Listening for test harness on port  18010
>
> ) = -1 ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)
>
> gettimeofday({1389622632, 627619}, NULL) = 0
>
> futex(0x63f318, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1)  = 0
>
> exit_group(0)

> It should also raise an exception rather than bombing out to the command line.
>

> I did encounter a slightly similar problem when sending information when it bombed out, in that case though I changed a value in the c_send of adasockets to include a value MSG_NOSIGNL and then it let the exceptions handle things....
>

> Has anyone any ideas on this?

Problem was the latest raspbian distribution and something to do with sockets. Ealier distributions than the one released on 2013-12-20 work fine but this does not for some reason.